Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Flashback: Outliers

Outliers are individuals who are outside the majority in a statistical study. If you read the comments on this blog, you will see a lot of posts from outliers – folks who want to say “Wait, not everyone is that way, I’m not that way!”

Outliers

I fully understand this; it seems I’m often an outlier, and I’ve posted plenty of comments on other blogs to make it known that what was stated is not true of everyone. I suspect outliers are far more likely to post than those who say, “Yeah, that’s me” or “My wife is exactly like that.” That’s fine, but it means the comments will be skewed in favour of those who are outside the norm.

The real point here is one my wife makes regularly on her blog: know your spouse and modify what I say accordingly. In an attempt to be relevant to the majority I post what is true for the majority. I need to be better about mentioning the exceptions, but I can’t cover all the possible exceptions. So, outliers, keep posting your reality!

[This post first appeared April 13, 2010.]

Links may be monetised
Image Credit: © Paul H. ByerlyOutliers 

Shop Amazon ♦ Shop to give links page
We’re donation supported Thanks for your help!
Where we’re going Contact us about speaking


Article from: The Generous Husband, by The Generous Husband

Read more here.

Interested in relationships advices? click here.

Share



from Just Senior Singles http://ift.tt/2hpGdg6